Recovering an iPad that is locked out without iCloud or password
Can an iPad be recovered when you have lost the password and don’t have or know the iCloud account information?
Yes. Usually. AND ALL DATA WILL BE LOST.
Using iTunes installed on an Apple or PC.
The trick is to:
- on the PC/Apple launch iTunes.
- shut the iPad down.
Use the power button. hold until the power off slide comes up or hold the home button and power button down until it shuts off. (Or Google it in case it changes)
- Connect the lightening cable.
- Turn the iPad back on while holding the home button down.
- In iTunes you should get a message about a device in recovery mode and whether to reset.
- Select YES or the equivalent to start the process.
- Itunes will download the latest software and reset the device while installing the latest version.
This is obviously the clif notes version. Google if not clear. It CAN be done.
AND REMEMBER, ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!!!!!